How do you know if your boyfriend or husband is lying about cheating ? There are a few ways to tell if your man is having an emotional or physical affair. According to marriage counselor Gary Newman and as seen on the Dr. Oz show, he revealed the signs to look out for if a man is cheating plus four ways to spot a lying boyfriend or husband.
Dr. Oz says: ”More than 50% of all men have cheated in a love relationship,” and ”Trying to rebuild trust after an affair seems impossible.” In his audience, around 30% of women believe that their significant other has cheated on them…but not all of them know for sure.
Why do men cheat? As Seen on The Dr Oz Show
I’m so glad to have watched this episode of Dr Oz show – his tips for relationships and love are simply fascinating! His guest M Gary Neuman, the author of the book The Truth About Cheating: Why Men Stray and What You Can Do to Prevent It, describes the five signs that can help you know if your man is cheating along with Janine Driver from the Body Language Institute each shared four ways that can help you to know if your boyfriend is cheating or if your husband is cheating or is lying about cheating – This is information you can’t afford to miss out on!
So Why Do Men Cheat? Gary Neuman speaks to Dr. Oz
The following are several possible reasons why men cheat:
* Monogamy isn’t automatically built into a man’s nature. The biology of men itself makes men want to have as many kids as they possibly can, and so they cheat with as many female partners as possible.
* Money, Power and opportunity work to increase a man’s testosterone. The more testosterone a man has, the more likely he is to cheat.
* Some genes found only in men make men men more likely to cheat. Scientists are studying a “cheating gene”, which is involved in the decreased levels of vasopressin.
* Whenever husbands aren’t appreciated at home, they will cheat.
* Men who are unable to emotionally connect with their wives or partners are more than likely to cheat.
How Do You Know If Your Husband Will Cheat on You?
As a marriage therapist for 23 years, M. Gary Neuman wrote The Truth about Cheating because he wanted to be able to empower women through showing them how men think – this also includes why husbands cheat on their wives.
M. Gary Neuman has dealt with many couples as you can imagine, – after all, he is a marriage counselor. It may come as a surprise to many women but he says 92% of men who cheat are sexually satisfied at home. Only around 8% of men cheat due to wanting more physical intimacy. Over 48% of men that cheat on their wives say they’re missing an emotional connection at home…and hence they cheat on their wives.
The women most of these men cheat with aren’t necessarily better looking, younger, or skinnier than their wives. As a matter of fact, around 88% of men say that the affairs they’ve had are with women who are not more beautiful than their wives.
At least 77% of the husbands who have cheated on their wives, had best friends or close friends with whom they kept in close contact with, who also cheated on their wives. This means that the type of men your man hangs around with can make or break your own love relationship.
5 Signs That your Husband is Cheating on you
1.Decreased physical intimacy in the relationship
2. Avoiding contact
3. Increased criticism
4. Starting/Picking arguments
5. Staying away from home
According to Gary Neuman,a woman’s gut should be one of the most important and trusted indicators that is of great assistance to be able to tell if a man is cheating.
Neuman also said that lying to a spouse is worse than the actual act of cheating. A husband who cheats on his wife may try to convince his wife that she is crazy for thinking that he would have an emotional or physical affair- this is so destructive to any woman’s self-confidence, self-image and self-esteem.
said that lying is worse than the actual cheating. Husbands try to convince their wives that she’s crazy for thinking he’d have an emotional or physical affair – which is so destructive to her self-esteem, self-confidence, and self-image.
4 Ways You Can Tell if Your Husband is Cheating on You and is Lying About It
Janine Driver from the Body Language Institute shares four highly effective ways to tell if a husband is cheating on his wife and lying about it:
1.His way of talking changes: If you husband changes the way he normally behaves or talks, then he may be cheating or lying. If he is normally calm and collected and then suddenly his pitch changes to high and distraught, he could be trying to hide something.
2. Watch out for specific statements: ”I know you think I’m lying” – if a man says this to you, it translates into them saying I’m lying. Whenever they say ”You may not believe me, but I’m telling the truth” – they may be telling you the truth cushioned in lies, so its not 100% truth, just some truth.
3. Nonverbal body language is another sign to watch out for. Whenever a person is telling the truth, they are usually with people they like, trust and admire, as a person you would also face your belly button towards them. If your husband happens to be lying about cheating, then he will more than likely turn away from you with his belly facing away or towards the exit. A shoulder shrug should never occur with a definitive statement. Wrapping one’s legs around the leg of a chair or table is a sign of restraint and this means he is also holding back something from you and not being entirely honest. If your husbands leans away from you, it is a clear sign of lying – after all most people do lean away from things they want to avoid.
4. Emotional reactions: If you happen to confront your husband about your suspicions that he is having an affair and he immediately gets very defensive and angry or overreacts emotionally, its a sign that something may be happening. If he laughs nervously or tries to spin things and accuses you instead, its a sign of a guilty conscience.
Do you want to get your marriage back on track?
If you have any questions or thoughts on 5 ways to tell if your husband is cheating on you, or have any further comments in regards to marriage counselor Gary Neuman’s reasons men cheat, please comment below.
Keep in mind — I’m not a marriage counselor, and can’t offer marriage advice!